Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We Three Kings in Orient Are:)



Our Wednesday was wonderful! But let me tell you about the whole day. Mia’s first night was spent with me in bed. She fell asleep just after supper, so we simply changed her into pajamas and put her in bed. She snored, I mean slept… all night! Mia woke up pleasant, just as she was all day yesterday!

We went down to breakfast at the hotel here! It was the best food we have had! And Mia was all over it! From the moment we laid hands on her yesterday, she has been eating. I have no idea where it all goes, but it is one of her favorite activities.

After breakfast, we went back to the Office of Civil Affairs. It was still a pretty loud place, but not as crazy as yesterday. They asked a few questions, we signed the paperwork, and she became our daughter! What a happy day!

Elvin took us to a Chinese place for lunch and we enjoyed it. They just kept bringing food and putting it on the lazy Susan. A few things I avoided, but for the most part it was good. After a trip to the 7-Eleven for water, juice, and camera batteries ☺, we were able to go back to the room for a bit.

This is our wild story from yesterday…

When it was time to go out for dinner, we met with the whole group to leave. Kevin had forgotten something so he ran back to get it and I waited in the hotel lobby. Everyone else was on the bus. When Kevin came and we went out to the bus, it was gone! They left us!! We walked all around the parking lot looking for the bus. Just then here comes the bus with Elvin apologizing all over himself for leaving us… now here is where my reputation may be at stake or maybe it will just affirm what you already think of me… but here goes. We were almost out of the parking lot and I suddenly realized I had forgotten my camera! Elvin and Kevin both jumped off the bus to run back for the camera (with all my pictures on it – I was flipping out!) They didn’t find it and came back to the bus! Just then I realized the camera was hanging from my right arm! Oops! Not a happy husband at that moment…

I do believe I am losing my mind! Then I left my purse at lunch today and had to run back to the restaurant from 7-11. I’m so scattered! Both watches I brought now have dead batteries… That on top of a 12 hour time change is making me crazy!

Now a little about our newest daughter. Mia is very independent and wants to dress herself. We can tell that she has had wonderful care in her foster family and they taught her independence. If you look at the pictures below, you will see her eating watermelon and her very first Oreo!
She really is a happy baby and laughs at everything. I keep asking Kevin if this is the calm before the storm because she is so laid back. Even when she had her only meltdown so far, there was no crying – just kind of a flopping back and becoming limp. She keeps all of her things together! She can have 2 sippy cups, several snacks, and toys in her hands… noticing if you take anything from her. She cleans up after herself and stacks the cups back each time. She puts pictures in a row and if you take one out, she puts it back. She wants everything in order.

So we are doing well! Thank-you for all of your wonderful comments! We are reading every one of them and sensing your encouragement in this process!

14 comments:

rskholli said...

Kevin & Bridget,
As I sit here and read about the addition to your family and look at your beautiful little girl, tears are flowing. Tears of joy, for the two of you, but especially for Savannah and Emma. When I got the site from your mom I immediately looked at it and what a blessing. I have known you since you were Emma's age and you have always been very special to Robert and I. The two of you are such a blessing. We are praying for your safe return home. Can't wait to see Mia.
In His love,
Sharon

The Griffins said...

hey this is chloe mia has cute black hair doesnt she? Emma will make a great sister and Savannah too.

Robin Miller said...

I'm so thankful that everything is going so well. Prayers are still coming your way! Russell and I are both very jealous of that White Swan breakfast. I can just taste that french toast! I'm sure you've seen Lucy's---their grilled cheese is wonderful!
Live it up and savor every moment. It seems like it was forever ago that we were there, and it was only 3 months. Oh, and find out about the massage place. You can get a full massage for an hour and it's only like 7 bucks.
Have fun!
Robin

Unknown said...

Once again....I rush home from school to get the update from your journey to Mia Faith! Like everyone else, the tears are streaming down my face as I watch you welcome this precious little girl into your arms and make your family complete! Now we are anxiously awaiting your journey home to the Blue Ridge Mountains! Sweet Blessings!
Love,
Carmen

Liza said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear everything is going well, albeit a little crazy. Mia is precious! We're remembering you all in our prayers each day.
Josh & Liza

Krista said...

Well Bridge,
You look like your surviving wonderfully without your hair gel!! You guys look great and extremely happy!! Imagine what it will be when the WHOLE king clan is together!! Can't wait to meet Mia in person. We feel like we know her already thanks to your great stories. Thanks a bunch!
Love,
Krista

bonnie said...

Absolutely addicted to the computer as we rejoice with each word and picture about Mia. I love the one of her and Kevin napping. I can't wait for an entire family photo. Blessings abound! Miss you terribly! Bonnie

Sheri said...

Bridget,
I cry each time I read and see new pics. of Mia. All three of you look so happy and I can only imagine what the five of you will be like. I don't think the smiles will ever fade. Mia is so cute and I know Emma and Savannah can't wait to have you all home. I get hugs from Emma everyday. Take care of that sweet girl and have a wonderful safe trip.
Love ya,
Sheri

Lorraine said...

When Steve and I were in China, we used to run back to our room and say, "Can you believe how we got the best baby???" Later I realized the other families were saying the same thing! I love how God picks the perfect child for each family and how he has picked Mia for yours!

Your girls are doing great!! I think they will keep up the training for Mia's independent spirit!

Can't wait to see you in real life!

Lorraine, Steve, and Tian

KC Borum said...

Kevin & Bridget, I just talked with Keith and Clint via phone in LA. They are sitting in the truck watching movies, and I was telling them about Gotcha Day, and they asked for the blogspot. They were both getting all excited to see the pictures and read all the updates. Thanks so much for keeping us informed and allowing us to be apart of this very joyous occasion. We look forward to meeting Mia and seeing your family whole and complete upon your arrival here in NC.
Much love, Candace and kids

stephhannah said...

We are enjoying the pictures! Your faces says it all !! Can't wait to see her in person. Have a wonderful time there !!
Mark, Stephanie & Justin

Unknown said...

Bridget,
The more I read (your stories are wonderful) and the more I see you, Kevin, and Mia in pictures, the more awesome it is -- to see how God has joined you all together -- what a Mighty God we serve!! The chills come with every pic I view and every story I read -- seeing the smiles -- gosh, what a true blessing! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us -- we have been blessed by being a part of your journey! Abbi, Elli, and Evan run to the computer when it's on the see new info on Mia. They are so excited! Our prayers are with you ALL! Love ya, Cindi and family

Cathy said...

Bridget and Kevin:
Thank you so much for giving us updated information about your trip...no gel---yikes! ha
You both have that look of new proud parents and it makes all of us smile with you. So glad you are finally with her. Can't wait for you to get home with her.

Darlene Dodd said...

Kevin & Bridget,
Darryl and I went away for a few days and we were without a computer. So I couldn't wait to get home to see what's happening with you guys. Mia is so beautiful. I know you can't wait to get home with her and share her with Savannah and Emma Grace. God is so good. God Bless You!

In His Love,
Darlene Dodd