Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mia's Doctor Visit



A few days ago, she had the doctor’s visit here. This is required for all of the children leaving China with their new parents and entering the US. The place was not your typical doctor’s office. There were tons of people and children there. We had 3 stations to go through and the 1st and 3rd were a problem. The first one…when the doctor laid her down on the table she was fine with that to my surprise. Then the doctor began taking a long time checking her heart. Well I had heard not to put too much into what the docs said here, but my baby was lying on the table. So Mia became a little frantic. I hollered for Elvin to come and translate. The doctor said that she heard something in her heart so then I panicked. She ran to get
another doctor. He checked Mia out and said her heart was fine. But during those 2 minutes seemed like a lifetime when I thought something else was wrong.

Then the ears, nose, and throat were checked. Kevin had to basically hogtie her so the doc could get a look. At one point I heard a crack and I thought she had bit into the tongue depressor. One more step down!

No comments: