Monday, August 11, 2008

Travel Approval

For the past 24 hours, we have said to each other... "another 2 weeks and we will probably get TA!" TA is travel approval and it means we can plan our trip to finally put our arms around Mia!

Well today was my first day back at school! And I have no computer in my room at the moment! So I went to another teacher's classroom to check my email. I was surprised to find new measurements for Mia on an email from our agency. Awhile ago, I heard that updated measurements might come with the TA.... so I literally ran back to my room to find my phone beeping with a message from Mei at our agency in Charleston! The phone was busy when I returned the call so I had to wait for an eternity (3 - 4 minutes) until I finally got a voice at the other end! OUR TA HAD COME ALREADY! I couldn't believe it! I screamed! Told everyone! Tried to call Kevin! Finally hopped in the car and ran to find him! We are celebrating today! Almost to the last step in the process!!

So... as our friends and family watch the sights on the Olympics, know that we will be there soon! On the Great Wall, in Tiananmen Square, at the Summer Palace in just one month from now! Our tentative plan is to leave September 13th and tour Beijing for a few days. We will then fly to Guangzhou where we will meet Mia! We should arrive home on September 26th! All of this hinges on the Consulate appointment being scheduled for September 24th... hopefully it will be set in stone in a few days!

We are grinning from ear-to-ear tonight! It is really going to happen!!! MIA! We're coming!

1 comment:

gail said...

Congratulations King Family! It was so exciting to see Bridget today...she was screaming and shaking and oh so excited! What a glorious day the Lord has made!