Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sweet Poem

As a girl I had a dream, to be a mom someday.
My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.
But now my dreams have been transformed. New visions fill my head.
The tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.

And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round.
Now in my dreams they're almond shaped and colored cocoa brown.
And in my dreams my arms can stretch across enormous seas.
They reach half-way around the world and hold you close to me.

~Gayle Leubecker

1 comment:

gail said...

Bridget-A wonderful poem and soooo perfect! I have been thinking about you and your family...while we were on vacation a man got out of his car with his children..one little boy and a little Chinese girl! It's so easy to picture you with Mia. The waiting is hard..but oh when she comes you will be so happy! Hope you are waiting well. Love, Gail